The Researchlab Autonomous Shipping forms the link between a joint research agenda of government and the science and business communities, and provides the scope for applied scientific research in partnership with the market.
Setting up a joint research agenda will help achieve rapid market penetration by new technologies. The same applies to the related social opportunities in the areas of sustainable and efficient waterway transport, security, digitisation, economic growth, accessibility, and employment.
By combining autonomous driving and shipping research, the Researchlab Autonomous Shipping (RAS) will enable cross-sectoral knowledge transfer and expedite the development of profitable use and business cases. This combination will create the scope for applied scientific research in partnership with the market.
JOINT RESEARCH AGENDA OF GOVERNMENT AND THE SCIENCE AND BUSINESS COMMUNITIES
The government and the science and business communities have formulated the following research questions:
- Autonomous ships as part of the regular public navigation system; for example, interaction with locks.
- Autonomous ships as part of the system of goods distribution; for example, autonomous mooring and loading and unloading.
- Autonomous ships as part of the overall transport network; for example, the autonomous bundling and ordering of different modality systems.
- Interaction between autonomous ships and non-autonomous ships; for example, overtaking while navigating.
- The functioning of autonomous ships in different circumstances; for example, different wind speeds.
- Users’ experiences of autonomous ships; for example, sea sickness surveys.
IN THE MEDIA
- No messages.